Tag: computer animation festival
The SIGGRAPH 2016 COMPUTER ANIMATION FESTIVAL Traveling Show
with Emily Hsu
The SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival is the leading annual festival for the world’s most innovative, accomplished, and amazing digital film and video creators. An internationally recognized jury receives hundreds of submissions and presents the best work of the including outstanding achievements in animated feature and short films, scientific visualization, visual effects, real-time graphics, game excerpts, and much more. Since 1999, several works originally presented have been nominated for or have received a Best Animated Short Academy Award.
Emily Hsu, Production Sessions Chair for SIGGRAPH 2017 will speak about the CAF 2016 Traveling Show, some of the shorts, and submitting work to the festival.
- Date: Thursday, December
- Time: registration starts at 6:00, speaker at 6:30, then the screening
- Place: PCC Cascade Moriarty Arts Auditorium (MAHB room 104), 705 N Killingsworth St., Portland Oregon
- Tickets: available at EventBrite or at the door
- Free for current SIGGRAPH chapter members (join now) and PCC multimedia club members
- $4.00 (Discounted for) ASIFA members, Laika staff, students and affiliates
- $9.00 General Public
- Trailer: https://youtu.be/Uz6dh6Ky8p8with some extra content
- Transportation: parking available on the street and in lots: parking and mass transit recommended. See map.
Playlist: the Traveling Computer Animation Festival includes:
- Accidents, Blunders, and Calamities — James Cunningham
- Alike — Daniel Martinez Lara
- Glass Half — Blender Foundation
- Tea Time — Thomas Bourret, et al.
- Tokyo Cosmo — Takahiro Miyauchi
- Citipati — Andreas Feix
- Solar Superstorms — NCSA
- League of Legends Project Overdrive — Axis Animation
- Mafia III — Blur Studio
- Shell V-Power “Shapeshifter” — Framestore CFC
- Behind the Magic: Warcraft — Industrial Light & Magic
- Behind the Magic: Marvel’s Captain America Civil War — Industrial Light & Magic
- Les Marmottes Mariachi — Le Groupe Mikros Image
- None of That — Ringling College of Art and Design
- Escargore — Media Design School
- Crabe-Phare, Gaetan Borde, et al.
- Borrowed Time — Quorum Films, LLC
- Cosmos Laundromat — Blender Foundation
Running time: approximately 90 minutes
About the Speaker
Emily Hsu is the Production Sessions Chair for SIGGRAPH 2017 in Los Angeles (July 30 – August 3, 2017). She also happens to have a day job here in the Pacific Northwest as a Production Coordinator at LAIKA in Hillsboro, Oregon. Emily started out in the industry as a Recruiting Intern at PDI/DreamWorks, where she first learned about SIGGRAPH when half the company seemed to be out of the office during the week of the conference! The following year, she decided to join the fun and see what it was all about as a Student Volunteer for SIGGRAPH 2010 and quickly fell in love with the conference and all it had to offer, eventually volunteering more time as a Team Leader, a Subcommittee member, and now a Committee Chair. A graduate of UC Berkeley, she holds dual degrees in Business Admin and Film & Media Studies. Before becoming a proud member of the LAIKA team, she also had work experiences at companies including Pixar, Allied-THA, Sony DADC, and CBS Radio’s 99.7 NOW.
About the Local Chapter
Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH serves the needs of local computer graphics industry professionals and students; to promote an increased knowledge of the educational, artistic, and scientific applications of modern technology for graphics; to enhance communication between persons in the field, that have an interest in aspects computer graphics. For more information on Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH and membership, visit the Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH:
Computer Animation Festival Showcase at NWAF
This year we are excited to kick off the NW Animation Festival at the Hollywood Theater, with a showcase of the SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival. The NW Animation Festival is one of North America’s largest Animation Festivals, right here in Portland.
Tickets and week-long passes will be available soon. Sign-up for for breaking festival news at the nwanimationfest.com website. In the meantime, take a look at this year’s lineup of shows and begin planning your personal animation bonanza.
Shake your bootie at the launch of Design Lab, a Design Week open house. Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH, ASIFA Portland and Bent join forces to bring you an interactive dance party and tunes with DJ secret surprise and LightTroupe.
- April 20, Interactive Dance Party 7 to 10 pm
- Tunes with DJ Secret Surprise & Light Troupe
- Meet the Artists and Popup Art Gallery 4:30-6:30 pm
- Wacom Tablet GIVE-AWAY around 7 — must be present
- At Bent Offices, 2729 SE Division St., Portland, OR 97202
- Polite Sippers and Smart Noshes, hosted 4 to 7 pm
- Free admission with ticket: http://tinyurl.com/gmez9c2
- Volunteer Opportunity SIGN-UP.
We also need able bodies to help set up and tear down the dance space. If you can help in any way (driving, moving, running errands) please sign up here. Get involved in your community and give back with a good deed. You never know what it could lead to.
Parking is available on the street and Trimet bus #4 Division/Fesseden bus [to Gresham] goes right by Bent. There will be a big tent in the parking lot outside Bent, so come on in.
About Design Lab— BENT’s newly launched Design Lab is pushing the envelope in VFX and ID work with an emphasis on high end composition and a globe-trotting roster of artists and creative directors. https://2016.designweekportland.com/openhouses/bent-design-lab.
About ASIFA — ASIFA Portland exists to boost the art of animation and the community that practices it, promoting a free exchange of ideas both locally and internationally. See http://www.asifaportland.org
About SIGGRAPH— Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH exists to serve the needs of the Oregon and Southwest Washington computer graphics community. Through meetings, screenings workshops, conferences, networking and other activities, the chapter works to promote an increased knowledge of and greater interest in the educational, artistic, and scientific aspects and applications of modern technology to graphics, enhancing communication between colleagues that have an interest in any aspect of computer graphics. See Facebook | email
Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH presents…
2015 Computer Animation Festival
Come out and see an exploration of computer-generated animation and visual effects, being shown in Portland at The PCC Cascade Auditorium and be inspired by digital artists while enjoying outstanding achievements in animated feature and short films, scientific visualization, visual effects, real-time graphics, game excerpts, and much more!
This year, SIGGRAPH’s Computer Animation Festival celebrates its 42st year and is recognized by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Since 1999, several works originally presented in the Computer Animation Festival have been nominated for or have received a Best Animated Short Academy Award.
You can support and be involved with the local CG community by being a (yearly) member or by attending one event at a time. Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH is offering discounts for sister organizations, affiliates and students — tickets are available online or at the door.
- Thursday, November 19,2015, 6:30 pm;
- Registration starts at 6:00 pm;
- PCC Cascade, Moriarty Arts Building Auditorium room 101, 705 N. Killingsworth Street (and Albina), Portland OR, 97217 (see map),
- Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH-mdAdT1BI
- Members — FREE (always)
- Students or Affiliates (ASIFA, pigsquad, CHIFOO — $4.00 at the door (cash or check), with student ID or code
- General Admission — $9.00 at the door (cash or check)
- Online Tickets http://cascadesiggraphnov2015.eventbrite.com
Maps and Parking
2014 Computer Animation Festival
Wacom IntuosPro M tablet giveway! Register now to attend the CAF and be entered in a drawing for a free Wacom Tablet. Must be present and registered to win. Wacom will be attending with a hands-on work station where you can try their latest products.Screening Information
Thursday, October 23, 2014, 6:30 pm; Registration starts at 6:00 pm; PCC’s Cascade Moriarty Arts Building Auditorium room 104 (see local map) Tickets http://cascadesiggraphoct2014.eventbrite.com; Trailer http://youtu.be/Hmmlsx7rZHU; Contact email@example.com or 503-367-1522.Admission Members are always free; General Public tickets are $9.00; students and affiliates enjoy a $5.00 discount with ID for a reduced price of $4.00. See information at the ticketing page: Eventbrite. Local Map
Computer Animation Festival Showcase
Join us at the Northwest Animation Fest, the biggest animation show in the US
- Showcase at the NW Animation Fest
- May, 12, 2014, 7 – 9 pm,
- Hollywood Theater
- 4122 NE Sandy Blvd Portland OR, 97212
- Tickets: available online and at the door
- Bonus: Select Conference Pass to SIGGRAPH 2014 drawing*
Featured SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival
The annual SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival is one of the world’s most important showcases for innovative and visually stunning digital animation. Films that win honors here are qualified to compete for an Academy Award, and several in recent memory have either been nominated for or received an Oscar for “Best Animated Short.” Films chosen for this special “best of” show include narrative shorts, time-based art, visual effects, scientific visualization, and real-time graphics.
*Drawing: Select SIGGRAPH 2014 Passes
Added bonus: for those that attend and are members of the Chapter, we are excited to offer a raffle drawing during our April and May events for a Select SIGGRAPH 2014 Pass (the full conference, minus the reception). This is a great deal and worth $430! To be eligible, make sure your membership is current, you attend the event, and you pick up your raffle ticket during registration if you are interested in going to the conference in Vancouver BC, August 10‑14, 2014. Must be present and a member of the chapter (renew or join now) to win. Tickets: this event is free to Cascade SIGGRAPH members (goto http://wp.siggraph.org/cascade/en/join). Tickets to the NW Animation Fest are available online at . Since SIGGRAPH events are free to members of the chapter, show your receipt to the chair at the event to get reimbursed. Or tickets are available at the door of the Hollywood Theater (directions and map). Transportation: parking is available on the street around the Theater at 41st and NE Sandy. Public transit or carpooling is recommended.
About The NW Animation Fest
NW Animation Fest celebrates the best new work from independent animators around the globe. With over 200 films, it’s now the biggest animation festival in the USA. This year’s fest includes six Guest Shows, the Oregon Animation Industry Showcase, and five International Short Film Blocks. See it all for only $60 with an All-Festival Pass | BUY HERE.
*About The Select SIGGRAPH 2014 Conference Pass
Includes admission to the Art Gallery, Art Papers, Awards Presentation, Birds of a Feather, Computer Animation Festival-Daytime Selects, Computer Animation Festival-Electronic Theater, Dailies, Emerging Technologies, Exhibitor Tech Talks, Exhibits Fast Forward, International Resources, Job Fair, Keynote Session, Posters, Production Sessions, Real-Time Live!, Studio, Technical Papers Fast Forward, and all days of the Exhibition. Does not include reception ticket.
Computer Animation Festival
see the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAGbcxiHZ9E#action=share
A leading annual festival for the most innovative, accomplished, and amazing digital film and video creators is here in Portland for you to see. Juried selections include time-based art, scientific visualization, visual effects, real-time graphics, and narrative shorts.
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:30pm
- PCC Cascade, Moriarty Arts Building Auditorium
- Tickets http://cascadesiggraphoct2013.eventbrite.com
- Registration starts at 6:00 pm
- Members — FREE
- General Admission — $10.00 at the door (cash or check)
- Students —$5.00 at the door (cash or check), with student ID
- Affiliates — $5.00 discount with discount code
Come and experience through your own eyes the most innovative and stimulating work in computer-generated content from SIGGRAPH’s 2009 Computer Animation Festival. This festival, in its entireity, presented juried films from the best of this year’s visual effects, animated shorts, student animations, scientific and musical visualizations, experimental subjects, and so much more.
As a first this year, The Computer Animation Festival featured a section focused entirely on real-time computer graphics. In recent years, the graphics capabilities and production values of videogames on consoles and computers has grown dramatically. This section of the festival showed the latest examples of videogames and real-time simulations that push the boundaries of what users and viewers have come to expect. The festival also contained work that combines music and images, whether created by solo filmmakers or as part of a collaboration, to showcase the wide range of approaches and achievements.
More information can be found at:
- Part 1 — Wednesday – November 12th
- Part 2 — Thursday – November 13th