Archive for April, 2016
Computer Animation Festival Showcase at NWAF
This year we are excited to kick off the NW Animation Festival at the Hollywood Theater, with a showcase of the SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival. The NW Animation Festival is one of North America’s largest Animation Festivals, right here in Portland.
Tickets and week-long passes will be available soon. Sign-up for for breaking festival news at the nwanimationfest.com website. In the meantime, take a look at this year’s lineup of shows and begin planning your personal animation bonanza.
Shake your bootie at the launch of Design Lab, a Design Week open house. Cascade ACM SIGGRAPH, ASIFA Portland and Bent join forces to bring you an interactive dance party and tunes with DJ secret surprise and LightTroupe.
- April 20, Interactive Dance Party 7 to 10 pm
- Tunes with DJ Secret Surprise & Light Troupe
- Meet the Artists and Popup Art Gallery 4:30-6:30 pm
- Wacom Tablet GIVE-AWAY around 7 — must be present
- At Bent Offices, 2729 SE Division St., Portland, OR 97202
- Polite Sippers and Smart Noshes, hosted 4 to 7 pm
- Free admission with ticket: http://tinyurl.com/gmez9c2
- Volunteer Opportunity SIGN-UP.
We also need able bodies to help set up and tear down the dance space. If you can help in any way (driving, moving, running errands) please sign up here. Get involved in your community and give back with a good deed. You never know what it could lead to.
Parking is available on the street and Trimet bus #4 Division/Fesseden bus [to Gresham] goes right by Bent. There will be a big tent in the parking lot outside Bent, so come on in.