Drunken Ninjas, Robot Police, Zombie Pigeons
at Best of the NW Animation Festival 2011
If you missed Portland’s first NW Animation Festival this summer, here’s a second chance. “Best of the Fest” showcases 28 short films from around the world that are in turn funny, heart-touching, and profound. This special one-night event includes films from two Oscar-nominees, and many other award-winning artists. Attending filmmakers will answer questions from the audience following each block of shorts.
A feast for animation lovers, there are delights here for every taste. Just Can’t Trust a Drunk Ninja hilariously warns us about the danger of intoxicated, weapon-carrying ninjas. The Nose, based on a story by Nikolai Gogol, tells the surreal tale of a vain civil servant who wakes up one morning to find that his own nose has disappeared. The Lighthouse touchingly portrays a father’s unwavering, life-long support of his son’s dreams — like a lighthouse forever lighting for the boats.
Find more information at: www.nwanimationfest.com.
Saturday September 10 — one night only, with two different shorts blocks at 7 and 9 pm.
- $8 for one block / $10 for a pass to both.
- Purchase tickets here: http://bit.ly/nyKBcJ
- $1 discount for Cascade SIGGRAPH members — use promo code “SIGGRAPH” online, or mention it at the door.
In addition to street parking around the theatre, Hollywood patrons can park in the Broadway Medical Clinic lot (4212 NE Broadway).
Block 1 (90 Min)
- Ursula 1000 — Rocket by Eric Kilkenny
- Timber by Adam Fisher
- Heart by Erick Oh
- Spirit of the Bluebird by Jesse Gouchey & Xstine Cook
- Chicxulub by Christopher Purdin
- Gerald’s Last Day by Justin & Shel Rasch
- Ruby Rocket, Private Detective by Sam Niemann & Stacey Hallal
- The Necessities of Life by Gerald Guthrie
- Zero by Christopher & Christine Kezelos
- Cheez…z by Arut Tantasirin
- Operation: Fish by Jeff Riley
- Breath by Kartika Mediani
- The Nose by Neil Burns & Dean Holmes
- Old-Time Film by Barbara Tetenbaum & Marilyn Zornado
Block 2 (97 Min)
- Medusa by Nick DiLiberto
- The Quiet Life by Timothy Hittle
- Just Can’t Trust a Drunk Ninja by Greg Doble
- Ruby Rocket, Private Detective Web Series by Sam Niemann & Stacey Hallal
- Slow Joe by Philip Gray & Stephen Boot
- The Lighthouse by Po Chou Chi
- The Box Game by The Box Game Collective
- Transformations on Bartók by Stephen Campbell
- Missionary by Mike A. Smith
- In the Fall of Gravity by Ron Cole
- Good Bot Bad Bot by Marcus Ng & Nick Matthews
- Something Left, Something Taken by Max Porter & Ru Kuwahata
- Landscape with Duck by Patrick Neary
- 4 Frames by Brad Pattullo